Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run it is easier. We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each new thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down.
Get You Learn By Living [Kindle] for $1.99 right now at Amazon.
One of the most beloved figures of the twentieth century, First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt remains a role model for a life well lived. At the age of seventy-six, Roosevelt penned this simple guide to living a fuller life. You Learn by Living is a powerful volume of enduring commonsense ideas and heartfelt values. Offering her own philosophy on living, Eleanor takes readers on a path to compassion, confidence, maturity, civic stewardship, and more. Her keys to a fulfilling life?
Curious? Read the beginning of the book using Amazon's Look Inside feature.
- Learning to Learn
- Fear—the Great Enemy
- The Uses of Time
- The Difficult Art of Maturity
- Readjustment is Endless
- Learning to Be Useful
- The Right to Be an Individual
- How to Get the Best Out of People
- Facing Responsibility
- How Everyone Can Take Part in Politics
- Learning to Be a Public ServantInformed by her personal experiences as a daughter, wife, parent, and diplomat, this book is a window into Eleanor Roosevelt herself and a trove of timeless wisdom that resonates in any era.
(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)