Cinnamon Ice Cream


My favorite Thanksgiving dessert is apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. For me, using the cinnamon ice cream makes it an extra-special holiday dessert.

Cinnamon Ice Cream

1 3/4 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups half and half
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
cinnamon to taste

Combine cream and half and half. Add sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves. Chill thoroughly.

Pour into a frozen ice cream maker . After about 10 minutes of turning, your ice cream should be solid enough to add the cinnamon. Keep adding cinnamon to taste (it takes more cinnamon than you would think).

Serve with apple pie for the ultimate Thanksgiving treat!


Subscribe to get updates delivered to your inbox.
{enter your email address at the top of the page}

(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)