One Trip = Three Stops




With the high cost of gasoline, much has been written about ways to save money on gas. However, the surest way to save money is simply by driving less. By carefully planning your outings, it is often possible to combine trips and reduce your mileage.

For example, for the past week, I made a list of each time I hopped in the car. It was amazing how many short trips I make to the grocery store or CVS, the library, or the health food store. I make trips to post office, the cash station, or even just to get more gas!


So now I am challenging myself to make three stops each time I jump in the car. If I need to pick up my children from an activity, I try to plan at least two stops along the way. That way, I will eliminate the need to do it later, saving both time and money.

It does take some planning and thinking ahead, but by combining trips I will reduce the number of times I need to run out. The result will be less money spent on gas.

Read more about how to plan your trips and compare local gas prices.