Declutter Day 1: The Junk Drawer

It may seem like I took the easy way out with my first decluttering project, but really I started with the most cluttered spot I could find--the junk drawer.

Upon closer examination of said "junk drawer", I realized that it was very appropriately named since most of it's contents was, in fact, junk. As in, why do we even have this hanging around, taking up space, and cluttering things, junk.

So I plucked out the (very) few things that I wanted to keep (like scissors, a ruler, a few pens that actually worked). And the rest, I dumped into the garbage can. No looking back. No regrets.

My plan is to transform that junk drawer into my office supply center. In reality, that was largely what was in there to begin with: pencils, pens, paperclips, rubber bands. But instead of a mess of old stationery supplies, I envision an organized office supply station.

Check back soon to see the  transformation.