Heard Any Good Books Lately?

I have been making the most of my time in the car by listening to audio books. I don't have an overly long commute, but over the course of a week it's amazing how much time I spend in the car. I also listen to audio books when exercising on the treadmill.

Since I don't have as much reading time as I would like, I have found that by listening to books, I am able to experience many more books than I would otherwise.

Audio books may be purchased in a variety of formats so that you are able to listen from your phone, computer, ipod, or other mobile device. I purchase my audio books for use on an ipod. That way, I can listen both in the car (using a speaker) or on the treadmill (using ear buds).

Since an audio book's reader can have a huge effect on your enjoyment, I always listen to the preview clip available from many online retailers. I have purchased the majority of my audio books from audible.com (a division of Amazon). At audible, you can listen to a 5 minute sample of the book. By listening to the sample, you will know whether you will enjoy that particular reader before you make the purchase.

Here are some the audio books I have listened to over the past several weeks. Watch for detailed reviews of my favorites coming soon.

168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam  (Read my review of this book here)
Quitter by Jon Acuff (Read my review of this book here)
EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches by Dave Ramsey
18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done by Peter Bregman
A Mind at a Time: America's Top Learning Expert Shows How Every Child Can Succeed by Mel Levine

I would have never found the time to read these great books. But, over the past 6 weeks, I have had plenty of time to listen to them. I have even listened to a few of them more than once!