21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 2


I'm thrilled with my freshly cleaned front entry. That little bit of effort really paid off. It even inspired me to tackle some additional cleaning projects that had been hanging over my head. It also got me thinking about some organization projects I would like to tackle.

But remember, one little step at a time! Don't get overwhelmed by all the projects you want to accomplish. Focus on the small actions steps you are taking today and those small steps will add up over time.

Day 2: Discipline is a Process

Today is about changing one small habit or process--a small action that you will take every day for the next week that will help to keep you more organized and disciplined.

My New Habit: Clean Up the Kitchen Before Bedtime

I love waking up to a clean kitchen.

You would think that would be enough to inspire me to make sure that dishes are put away and the kitchen surfaces are wiped down before bedtime. The reality is that I am often so exhausted at the end of the day that I end up waking to a less-than-tidy kitchen. That's no way to start a disciplined day!

For the next seven days, I am going to be sure that the kitchen is cleaned up and surfaces are wiped down before going to bed. Not a huge change, I know, but that's the point. This is a small change that will make a big difference in how I start my day.


Mega Project Step 2

My second step in the huge pantry project is to organize my "staples" - the pantry items that I use regularly. A while ago I purchased some OXO Good Grips POP Containers for a few staples and I intended to get some more so that I had a container for all the really important items.

My baby step for today is to take inventory, purchase the containers that I need, and get my "staples" organized. I can't wait to have the containers neatly lined up on a shelf! Hopefully, that will inspire me to move on to other areas of the pantry.

An important note about this project:


Have you ever googled "organized pantry" to get inspired about a project like this? While it's fun to get ideas from other amazing pantries, it can also stop you dead in your tracks. There are so many great ideas and so many beautiful pantries out there that it's easy to get overwhelmed.

My goal is to make small improvements to what I have so that my food storage is more organized. That's something I can do now that will help me to be more organized in other areas like food shopping and meal planning.

So whatever your mega project is, please don't be overwhelmed by possibilities. Just get started making small changes.

Move on to Day 3 here.

This series is based on the ebook 21 Days To A More Disciplined Life by Crystal Paine. If you don't have a copy of the ebook yet, it is now available at Amazon.



(Note: The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)