Make Over Your Morning: What About Weekends?




Even if you are sold on the merits of rising early during the week, there is always the question of how to handle the weekend. Do weekend days count? Must you rise early every day of the week?

I rise at about 4:30 each week day. For a long time I rationalized that it was simply not necessary to rise that early on the weekend as well.

So I slept in.

Here’s what I’ve learned.

Our weekends are often just as busy as our weekdays. Usually the weekends are full of activities that we enjoy and that allow us to spend time with those we love. But they are busy nonetheless.

I don’t usually get up at 4:30 on the weekends. But I often get up at 5:00 or 5:30. Rising early, even on the weekend, is the only way that I am guaranteed time for the activities that are important to me.

Also, weekends are usually less structured and more spontaneous. If you get your priority work done in the early morning, the days are free for whatever activities present themselves.

So plan for weekend mornings, too. Time with family and friends is more relaxing and enjoyable when you have had productive morning time.