My Alarm Clock and Me: We are not yet friends



The Money Saving Mom Early to Rise Challenge is based on the book Early To Rise: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days by Andy Traub. One of my favorite features of the book is the option to receive each day’s write-up via email. The write-up is the same as what is in the ebook, but I appreciate the gentle reminder and often reread the information for motivation later in the day.

My other favorite feature of the ebook is the audio. Again, it’s the same information as the ebook, but hearing Andy read it to you is like a personal pep talk—and who couldn’t use that in the morning?

On Day 2, Andy talks about making friends with your alarm clock. I’m still working on this one. I am not yet friends with my alarm clock but I have hopes that the day will come.

I love the idea of waking to music. Music inspires me and with all the technology available, it seems that I should be able to wake to some uplifting music. I just haven’t arranged it yet.

Right now, my alarm clock is an old Sony Dream Machine and I wake to an annoying buzz. On the up side, it’s so annoying that it wakes me up. But I am searching for a more pleasant and inspiring solution. One day soon, I hope to be able to say that I am friends with my alarm clock. I’ll keep you posted.

In the meantime, check out my post on what to do when you are simply exhausted. I was planning on running this post later in the series (hopefully you aren’t exhausted already!), but I think that being proactive and preventing exhaustion in the first place is probably a better overall strategy.

What gets you out of bed in the morning? Do you have some special music that inspires you? I would love to hear your suggestions.