Extend the Life of Your Magic Eraser



I love cleaning with a Magic Eraser! But if I'm not careful, those little cleaners can get rather pricey.

Luckily, I've found some ways to extend the life of the Magic Eraser. I think these tips make cleaning easier too.
  • Using a scissors, cut the magic eraser into four equal pieces. Check out the example in the photo above. I find that this size is much easier to work with and better utilizes every inch of the eraser.
  • Scrub lightly with the magic eraser. Hard rubbing causes the eraser to fall apart more quickly. Follow the scrubbing with a wet towel to wipe up the loose dirt left on your surface. Less wiping with the eraser means that it will last longer.
  • Lightly moisten the eraser. It doesn't need to be soaked. Misting prevents the shrinkage caused by saturating the eraser and it cleans just as well.

If you're looking for a good deal on Magic Erasers, check out this deal at Amazon.



(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)