Homemade Sandwich Rolls



We have been eating lots of sandwiches lately and I had gotten in the habit of purchasing sandwich rolls at my grocer's bakery. That habit was getting expensive so I decided to try making my own rolls. I made them for the first time yesterday and they turned out great.

I used a recipe from the Money Saving Mom site. The recipe is actually for bread sticks and the bread sticks are delicious, but I thought the recipe would make some really tasty sandwich rolls. The recipe is so simple with the use of a bread machine.

Since we are a dairy-free family, I made this recipe using olive oil instead of butter. After running the dough cycle of the bread machine, I rolled the dough slightly to form a rectangle. I sliced the dough into eight pieces and let them rise a second time.

I brushed the rolls with olive oil before they went in the oven to give them a golden crust. They turned out just perfect for our turkey sandwiches.

A note about yeast:  If you are used to using the little yeast packets, please know that purchasing yeast in bulk is so much less expensive.

 For more great tips, follow me on Pinterest!

or

Subscribe to get updates delivered to your inbox.
{enter your email address at the top of the page}



(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)