Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Salted Caramel Sauce {Dairy-Free/Paleo}


I had some doubts. You may as well. But I really wanted some caramel sauce in which to dip apple slices. I searched Pinterest and found this recipe which I altered just slightly.

The results are amazing. This delicious sauce could be used in so many ways but, for now, I'm using it as an apple dip.

The changes I made to the original recipe are as follows:
  • I substituted 1 T coconut oil for the butter called for in the recipe
  • I boiled the mixture for close to 30 minutes as opposed to the 15 minutes stated in the recipe. The mixture will turn a dark amber color and thicken up. That's when it's ready.
If you're curious about the ingredients, click below to see the brands I used:


Enjoy!

 For more great tips, follow me on Pinterest!

or

Subscribe to get updates delivered to your inbox.
{enter your email address at the top of the page}


This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...