Recommended Reading - What I Read Last Month


I'm linking up at Modern Mrs. Darcy today. I love reading her book recommendations so I thought it would be fun to contribute my own. She has a great monthly link-up called Twitterature with all sorts of reading recommendations. She reads tons of books, so there's something for almost anyone. Check it out!

Here's what I've been reading:

Gift from the Sea
by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
The perfect memoir for beach reading! It's a relaxing yet thought-provoking read. 




So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
by Cal Newport
So many books encourage us to just follow our passion when choosing a career. This book debunks that advice and gives new guidance for creating a compelling career. This is a great read no matter your stage of life.



Something Other Than God: How I Passionately Sought Happiness and Accidentally Found It
by Jennifer Fulwiler
The subtitle reads "How I Passionately Sought Happiness and Accidentally Found It". This is the personal story of an atheist who finds God. Jennifer Fulwiler is truly a gifted writer.



Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
by Michael Hyatt
This book is jam-packed information. It's a step-by-step guide for anyone with something to say or sell. I made the mistake of first purchasing this as an audio book. Big mistake, there's just too much information here.


On my Kindle:

The Rosie Project: A Novel
by Graeme Simsion
I don't read a ton of fiction (other than the classics), but this is a favorite. A brilliant genetics professor decides to make a project out of finding a wife. His first step, of course, is a 16-page scientifically valid survey. But love in not a science.This is a delightful story.


(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)