Simple Home Brewed Iced Coffee

Image Credit
Save time and money by making iced coffee at home. You control the flavor and ingredients for a healthier warm-weather treat.

Even in the heat of summer, I drink hot coffee first thing in the morning. Leftover coffee is saved either in a jar in the fridge or poured into ice cube trays for the freezer.

If that's not the case for you, or if you want to see how to make cold-brewed coffee, head over to The Kitchn for a step-by-step tutorial.

Since my morning coffee is very dark and relatively strong, I go for a half and half mixture of milk to cold coffee. (I use coconut milk since we avoid dairy,) If you find that ice cubes dilute your drink, use cubes made with leftover coffee.

Image Credit
Now for the fun part...choose your flavor.

My flavor of choice is salted caramel. Just sprinkle some salt and drizzle about a teaspoon of caramel syrup for a delectable iced coffee treat.

Here's what you'll need:




(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)