Quick Lit: What I'm Reading Now

I'm linking up to Quick Lit at Modern Mrs. Darcy today. It's fun to see what others are reading.


I thoroughly enjoyed the first season of Poldark which aired recently on PBS. The show, based on the first and second books of the Poldark series moves very quickly through the story in just eight episodes.

Feeling that there was certainly more to be found in the books, I've started reading the 12-book series and learning all I can about Cornwall. If you are not familiar with Winston Graham's Poldark, head over here and read a sample chapter. The writing is incomparable.

This book Poldark's Cornwall provides amazing photographs and descriptive text.

From Amazon:
A lavishly illustrated companion to Winston Graham's beloved Poldark novels, reissued as the new BBC series based on the novels is first broadcast. Graham's saga of Cornish life in the eighteenth century has enthralled readers throughout the world for seventy years and the wild landscapes that inspired the novels have - even today - remained relatively unchanged. Cornwall then was a perilous world of pirates and shipwrecks: of rugged coast and mysterious smugglers' coves, of windswept moors and picturesque villages such as Boscastle and Port Quin, and of beaches, tin mines and churches. With an introduction by Winston Graham's son, Andrew, and illustrated with stunning photographs, Poldark's Cornwall is a glorious evocation of the land of beauty, excitement, romance and imagination that Graham loved so well.

(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)