Like Having a Personal Stylist: My Best Stitch Fix Tips


What is Stitch Fix?

For busy women on the go, Stitch Fix is a personal styling service that is tailored to your budget, tastes, and lifestyle.  Get five pieces shipped to your door, as  often, or as little, as you like. Keep what you love, return what you don't.

For me, the best part of Stitch Fix is that I don't have to step foot in a store. I can try items in the comfort of my home and I have three days to make a decision. I have been receiving fixes for over a year now, and most of my favorite clothing items are now from Stitch Fix.

How does it work?

When you sign up, you will be asked to fill out a personal style profile. This gives you an opportunity to let the stylist know your preferences and a bit about your lifestyle. Armed with this information, the stylist selects five items for your fix.

You can opt to receive a fix as often or as infrequently as you wish. For each fix, you are charged a $20 styling fee. This fee is a credit that can be used for anything you choose to purchase from the fix. If you keep all five items in the fix, you will get 25% off the total price.

When you receive your fix, you have three days to try everything. Keep what you love, and return what you don't. Return items in the addressed, postage paid envelope and drop it off in any mailbox. Couldn't be easier.

How to make it work for you

The best fixes are the result of detailed communication with your stylist. Be as detailed as possible when completing the style profile. If you have a Pinterest board with styles you love, that will give the stylist a clear idea of your preferences. Be sure to note that on your profile.

Plan ahead and let the stylist know about any upcoming events you may have.

Also, be very specific when leaving feedback about the items you have received. Armed with this information, your stylist will really be able to narrow in on your size and style preferences so that fixes get better and better with time. At this point, my fixes rarely have an item that does not fit properly.

Ready to save some time and keep your wardrobe updated. Try Stitch Fix by signing up here. Shopping has never been easier.

Try Stitch Fix here.

(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)