What I Learned in April


It's always fun to review what I've learned the past month, but not easy to prioritize and summarize. Here are just a few of my recent discoveries:


Lighting Matters

As committed as I am to morning productivity, I struggle with getting enough rest. Since winding down at the end of the day can be a challenge, I've taken steps to be more intentional about my evening, or end-of-the-day, routine. Since I wake early, it is important that I wind down early.

To set the stage for a relaxing evening, I have found lighting to be very important and I use dim lights whenever possible after dinner.

I generally shower in the evening before bed. My big discovery this month is that by dimming the bathroom lights, my evening shower becomes a more relaxing preparation for sleep.


Gracious Uncertainty

If you a reader of My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, you stumbled upon this phrase in April.
Our natural inclination is to be so precise--trying always to forecast accurately what will happen next--that we look upon uncertainty as a bad thing. We think that we must reach some predetermined goal, but that is not the nature of the spiritual life. The nature of the spiritual life is that we are certain in our uncertainty.

The past is a place of reference...

I stumbled upon this quote on Pinterest. It resonated with me so much that I created a printable to help me remember. So true!
If you would like your very own copy of the printable, here is the link to the PDF:




I'm sharing my recent discoveries with Emily Freeman. Head on over to her site to see what others have discovered this month.