What I'm Reading - November


I'm sharing what I've been reading this month, and I would love to know 
what others are reading too. Share a post about books you've been reading in the linky below.

Lots of nonfiction in this month's round-up. Here are five highly-recommended books I read this month.


The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact
By Chip Heath and Dan Heath

Why do certain brief experiences (moments) matter more than others and how can we create more of them? The answer has vast implications both in business and in our personal lives. With a bit of attention and energy, an ordinary moment can be transformed into an extraordinary one. In this highly readable business-type book, The Power of Moments shows you how to do it and why it matters. Packed with loads of examples, this step-by-step guide will have you thinking differently about the moments of your life.


Reading People: How Seeing the World Through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything
By Anne Bogel

Knowing yourself is just plain hard. And yet, understanding certain aspects of your personality can cause a whole lot of things to make more sense. If you have ever been interested in the many personality frameworks available, this guide will help you make sense of them and gives practical applications to all areas of your life. I’m not sure what this says about me, but I just love the feel of the paper of this book. If that’s important to you, you may want to opt for the hard copy over the digital version.




By Alan Jacobs

Bombarded by an endless number of forces that actively discourage us from thinking (think social media), thinking is hard work. In this easy-to-read volume, Jacobs shares his thoughts on what we can do to combat this problem. How to Think will get you thinking about what influences your thinking and gives helpful tip to improve the way you think.


Murder on the Orient Express
By Agatha Christie

I was inspired to re-read this classic due to the recent release of the Hollywood film, and I am so glad I did. Agatha Christie is the most widely published author of all time for good reason. Even if you know the ending, this whodunit is an immensely enjoyable read.




By Amy Myers, M.D.

This book has been at my side in the kitchen for the past several months. Many people suffer from some type of inflammation. This easy-to-read book gives thorough explanations and suggests simple steps for overcoming inflammation through nutrition. The diet is not necessarily easy to implement but it has certainly made a tremendous difference in many ongoing symptoms.






(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Feature Photo by rawpixel.com on Unsplash