Healthier Pumpkin Pie {with coconut milk}

Image Credit: Chocolate Covered Katie

I was intrigued by this healthy pumpkin pie recipe posted at Chocolate covered Katie. She has some amazing healthy dessert recipes!

I adopted some of her modifications, but stayed a little closer to a traditional pumpkin pie filling.

I take the easy way out on the crust ever since I found the organic (and dairy free) frozen pie crusts at Whole Foods. If you'd like to make your own dairy-free crust, check out Katie's recipe.

Here's what I used for the pie filling:
A note about coconut milk: Canned coconut milk varies considerably in terms of the thickness of the milk. Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk is one of  my favorites because I find that it is thicker and creamier than other brands. Whole Foods organic coconut milk is also good.
Mix all filling ingredients until well blended.

Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then, turn down the oven temperature to 350 degrees for an additional 45 minutes. Additional baking time is often required depending on the thickness of the coconut milk used.

Bake until the filling is set. If additional baking time is required, cover the pie loosely with foil so that the edges do not burn.


Subscribe to get updates delivered to your inbox.
{enter your email address at the top of the page}


(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Image Credit