Prepare Your Family for Hurricane Season - Getting Started

Hurricane season is upon us once again and this season is forecast to be a rough one. Even if you don't live in a hurricane-prone area, I know that you will benefit from the preparedness tips we will cover in the next few weeks.

Hurricane season began June 1. So, technically, I guess we should all be prepared by now. But I know that I have a way to go and I'm guessing many of you do as well. Or, perhaps, you are all ready and can share some tips with the rest of us.

Here are some links to get us started:

The National Hurricane Center is in my "favorites" all year long. During hurricane season, I check it daily. It's a great way to get a heads-up on what is going on in the tropics. The site also has lots of information about hurricane forecasting and preparedness.

Here's the link to the National Hurricane Center's recommended Disaster Supply List.

And check out my post on the weather radio, an important tool that will keep your family notified of severe weather as well as many other types of disasters.

For more hurricane preparedness tips:

Why You Need a Cordless Phone
This post is linked to Works for Me Wednesday.