Laundry Room Organization

I have a very small laundry room that is used for all sorts of storage. To keep my laundry supplies handy and organized, I have a shelf installed just above the washer and dryer. My detergent and bleach fit nicely on the shelf, but all of the smaller bottles and laundry items (hosiery bags, spot remover, etc.) are housed in these wicker baskets.

Like I said, the laundry room is really small so it was difficult to get a good picture. While I really like the baskets and have used them for years, I felt I needed a little pick-me-up in an otherwise dull area. I wanted some color in the laundry room.

Spray paint to the rescue. For less than $3.00, I was able to purchase this cheery color called "Eden" at the Home Depot and get a burst of color in the laundry room. I also have some small frames I plan to spray paint using this same color. The paint is by Rust-oleum and has a satin finish.

Update: The frames are done! Go here to see how they turned out.


Don't you love the difference a can of spray paint can make?