Oil Rubbed Bronze A/C Vents

My A/C vents were badly in need of an update.


I live in Florida, so our vents are at the ceiling. However, this makeover would work just as well if you have vents on the floor or baseboard.

I had some oil rubbed bronze spray paint left over from the Extreme Soap Dispenser Makeover so I used what I had. At first I thought it was going to be too "shiny-metallic" for what I wanted, but in the end I decided that I liked it. I may experiment with some other oil rubbed bronze spray paints in other rooms when this can runs out.

This project was so easy. I just wiped down the vent to prepare for spraying. The paint that I used says it's primer and paint in one so there was no need for any primer. I gave it two coats of paint, approximately an hour apart. And here you have it.



I hadn't replaced the screws yet when I took the picture, which is why you can see the screw holes--sorry!

I think this small update makes a huge difference in our living area. It was so simple and inexpensive.

Looking for more sensational spray paint projects? Check out the spray paint project round-up here.

Be sure to stop by on July 14th for our first Sensational Spray Paint Projects party. Read about it here.



Find more great projects at Chic and CraftyFeature Yourself Friday, Remodelaholics Anonymous, The Shabby Nest, Flaunt It Friday, The Frugal Girls, A Glimpse InsideAllie MakesA Crafty Soiree, Thrifty Thursdays, House of Hepworths, Transformation Thursday and Strut Your Stuff Thursday.