Sunday, August 7, 2011

Frozen Banana Bites



This is simply the easiest, tastiest frozen treat ever.

I generally keep a bag (or two) of frozen banana chunks in the freezer to be used in our favorite peanut butter and banana smoothies. So I started with frozen banana chunks, although fresh would work as well.

Here's what you need:

2 bananas, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 5-6 pieces per banana)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Here's what you do:

Line a tray or plate with parchment paper. 

Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave for about 1 minute. Stir to combine, continuing until smooth.

One at a time, dip banana pieces in the melted chocolate mixture, then place on prepared plate. Place in the freezer until chocolate hardens.

I started with frozen banana chunks, so my banana bites were ready to eat immediately (a big plus!). If you begin with fresh bananas, you will want to set these in the freezer until the chocolate hardens and the banana is frozen.

Super simple. Super yummy.

This post is linked to House of HepworthsSundae Scoop, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Sweet Tooth Friday, Friday Favorites, Chic and Crafty Party, House of Joyful Noise, Tip Me Tuesday, Weekend Warrior and Melt in Your Mouth Monday.

17 comments:

  1. Yummy! After heading to the grocery store tomorrow we will definitely be giving this recipe a shot! :) Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply delicious! What a great idea. I love pb & banana smoothies for br'fast...adding these would be terrific! Found you at Melt in your Mouth Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea...I will definitely give this a try. I just peeled a bunch of bananas and chucked them in the freezer for smoothies b/c I didn't want them to spoil, but now looks like I will give this a try!
    I'm a new follower from tip me tusday hop. Check me out anytime:
    http://slipstitchesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT recipe! I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared this and other recipes with us! :)
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my boys just asked if he and his sibs could have a banana for a snack, and I said "WAIT!"....and went to check out the link-up I knew I saw. But we have no chocolate chips (yet), and very little Sunbutter (severe peanut allergy in the house). BUT....I'm having my hubs pick both up on his way home right now, so we can make Frozen Banana Bites when he gets home. Thanks for the link-up at Tuesday's Our House Of Joyful Noise party! I'll let you know what we think! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love choc covered bananas! I made something similar and dipped in chopped peanuts --- they were kinda messy, but I liked the added crunch! Thanks for sharing this --I am getting hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I'm going to throw some bananas in the freezer tonight to try this, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do frozen banana chunks at my house and i call them banana pops. I found a recipe on food.com for a copycat magic shell. I have been wanting to make "monkey bars" with it, but since my kids are so young, I think the chunks would be a better idea. Thanks for posting, you gave me a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so delicious! I (heather) am a huge banana fan.
    We would love to have you link up at our first link party this coming tuesday!
    Your Newest Followers,
    Heather & Rose
    www.SewStylishBoutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds not only good buy very easy. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    I am visiting from the Sundae Scoop. Nice to "meet" you. I hope you enjoy your week.

    Blessings,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love bananas! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE simple recipes and these look awesome. I found your site through House of Hepworth's Hook Up, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so yummy! I found you through pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...