Sunday, February 26, 2012

Homemade Underarm Stain Remover


If you have some white shirts with dingy underarm stains, here is a simple solution that may save your shirts!

In a small bowl mix:
  • one part Dawn dish soap
  • two parts hydrogen peroxide
  • add baking soda to make a gel or paste consistency
I have only used this mixture on white clothes since it contains hydrogen peroxide. Although I have read accounts of others using it on colors, I would certainly test it in an inconspicuous spot first.

Using a small laundry brush or an old toothbrush, work the mixture into the underarm stain. Let the garment sit for about an hour, then launder as usual.

I was amazed at the result! This simple solution saved several white shirts that were headed for the rag heap.

This post is linked to the Chic & Crafty Party.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to try this on my husband's shirts. We are about to go buy some more but if this works it will save us some money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son has to wear white Polo style shirts to school and his underarms are not only dingy but yellow stained as well. I am making this solution right now and I will be sure to report back of the results. I wish there was a way to forward before and after photos, I would love to show off positive results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't work for my husband's white polos or my son's assorted shirts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...