10 Goals for this Week

Image Credit


Have you set some goals? How did you do?

I find that writing down what I hope to accomplish makes a huge difference in whether or not it gets done. It doesn't always work (as you will see if you check out how I did this week), but I'm sure it's better than not setting any goals at all

Here's how I did on my 10 goals for last week:

Personal
  1. Get 8 hours of sleep per night While I sort of fell off the bandwagon on this one, I do have a plan for accomplishing this in the future.
  2. Exercise for 30 minutes on a treadmill 3 times this week (after not exercising for quite some time, I am just getting back to it) Not quite. I made it to the gym twice.
  3. Finish listening to 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think.  This is my second time through the book and I am taking notes on some specific actions I would like to take. Done.
  4. Wardrobe Update: Create 1 new outfit using pieces I already own (shopping in my closet). Done.
Home Management
  1. Freezer cooking: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Didn't get to this.
  2. Freezer cooking: Chocolate Banana Bread Didn't get to this one.
  3. Try a new soup recipe: Curry Corn Chowder Done. Check out the results here.
  4. Declutter and organize one area per day Maybe one area per week is more reasonable.
  5. DIY Project: Homemade laundry stain remover Done. Read about it here.
  6. DIY Project: Homemade microwave popcorn Done. Read about it here.

Here are 10 goals for the coming week:

Personal
  1. Get 8 hours of sleep per night
  2. Exercise for 30 minutes on a treadmill 3 times this week
  3. Finish listening to 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done.
  4. Stick to my morning routine. You can read about my morning routine here.
  5. Wardrobe Update: Create 1 new outfit using pieces I already own (shopping in my closet).
Home Management
  1. Freezer cooking: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
  2. Try a new soup recipe: Potato Leek Soup
  3. Declutter and organize the cutlery drawer
  4. Organize recipes
  5. Read The Promodoro Technique (free ebook on using a timer for time management)
Check back next week to see how it went. Writing down goals makes it so much more likely you will get them done. Try it!