Banana Bread & Muffins



I wrote recently about why I use coconut oil in almost all my baking. This is one of the recipes I use--it can be used to make either banana bread or muffins.

I just love the tulip paper baking cups. They are a nice touch when you want something special.

I almost always have bananas in the freezer just waiting to be used. Check out this post to read about what I do when my bananas get a little too ripe.


Enjoy the banana bread recipe!

Banana Nut Bread

2 1/2 c. flour (I use freshly milled soft wheat flour or Kamut)
½ c. ground flax seeds (that’s 1/3 cup whole seeds, ground)
2 t. baking powder
¾ t. baking soda
¾ t. salt
¾ cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup coconut oil
1 cup sugar (I use turbinado sugar )
3 eggs
1 ½ cups mashed banana –  4 bananas

Mix flour, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add a little flour to the nuts. 

Cream the coconut oil and sugar in a mixer.  Add eggs and beat well.  Add mashed bananas. Add flour mixture and blend.  Add nuts.  Pour into one large bread pan or 4 small bread pans (greased).  (There may be a bit of extra batter to put in a few greased muffin tins, or use paper liners.) 

Sprinkle tops generously with sugar.  Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes for small loaves, 25 minutes for muffins, or 60-70 minutes for a large bread pan.

 For more great tips, follow me on Pinterest!

or

Subscribe to get updates delivered to your inbox.
{enter your email address at the top of the page}



(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)