Prudent Projects & Smart Solutions Linky Party - Week 1


It's time to link up your  prudent projects and smart solutions!

I thought I would kick things off with one of my all-time favorite smart solutions: homemade foaming hand soap. I love foaming hand soap and when I learned how easy and inexpensive it is to make your own, I was thrilled. No need to spend money on special soap because it's all in the pump!

That's right! The secret to foaming soap is the dispenser, so you may use any liquid hand soap, shampoo, or body wash to make foaming soap. Just don't use the thick, creamy soap. It's usually too thick to mix well.


You can buy foaming soap dispensers or reuse one you already have. My favorite soap dispenser is a recycled dispenser that I spray painted. It still looks as good as the day a sprayed it (over a year ago). You can see how I did it here.


Once you have chosen your container with a foaming soap pump, just pour approximately 1" of soap into the container. Fill with warm tap water, leaving a little room at the top of the container. Replace the pump and gently shake to mix.

That's it. Really!

There's your first smart solution for this week. I can't wait to see what great ideas everybody has.

Link up!