Twelve Days of Christmas in July - Day 2: Gift-Giving Traditions


Stop by the Twelve Days of Christmas in July linky party to check out the great ideas that have been submitted.

My hope is that we can use these Twelve Days of Christmas in July to do some planning, reflect on the activities that are a priority during the holidays, and maybe even get started on some homemade Christmas gifts!

I love traditions, which is why I especially like gift-giving traditions. Here are some examples:

Christmas ornaments are a great annual gift choice. I enjoy giving my children each an ornament that they can add to their personal ornament collection. Each year, I select an ornament that symbolizes something special from the past year.

Christmas books make a great gift. By giving a special Christmas book each year, your family will have a collection of books to read over and over each year. A Christmas book advent calendar such as the one I wrote about here, will give hours of enjoyment for many years to come.

Christmas movies provide a fun family-time tradition. I almost never purchase DVDs. The one exception is Christmas DVDs. We love to spend time together as a family watching our favorite holiday movies. Year after year, my children laugh while watching Elf, A Christmas Story, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. This year, we will reflect on the true meaning of the holiday while watching The Nativity Story and It's a Wonderful Life.

Do you have a signature holiday cookie or treat that family and friends would love to receive each year? Sending a treat that only comes at the holidays is a special gift for anyone. It makes gift giving so much easier for you as well. Once you have the recipe and packaging perfected, you're ready for years to come.

Do you have a favorite holiday tradition, activity or homemade gift idea, please share it at the linky party!


 
(Note: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)