21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 1

After reading through the introduction and getting myself motivated, I am ready to begin my 21 Days To A More Disciplined Life based on the ebook by Crystal Paine. If you don't have a copy of the ebook yet, it is now available at Amazon.

Day 1: Discipline is a Choice

Today is all about getting started. Not biting off more than you can chew but starting small with something that will make a noticeable difference in your day.

My "Jump-Start" Project

The first assignment for today is to choose a small task that has been hanging over your head. Be sure to choose something small and something that is doable in a small amount of time. You need to be sure this first task gets done. This small step is meant to jump-start your journey to more discipline!

For my first task, I chose something that I literally see the minute I walk in the door. I decided to pick up, dust, and clean my front entry area. It's not a big job, actually there is not much to it at all. It just never seems to get done!

By choosing a project that I see each time I walk in the house, I believe that I will be more motivated to stick with this project for 21 days!

My Mega Project

The second part of today's assignment is to choose a mega project--a big project that you will complete over the next 21 days. My mega project is to organize my pantry. If you could see my pantry right now, you would understand that this truly is a mega project!

It's time to break down this huge project into 21 smaller steps.

Mega Project Step 1

For the first step of my mega project, I decided to complete a small project that will have big impact--wipe down the pantry door.

My pantry has a louvered door that is a pain to clean--which means that it doesn't get done as often as it should. It's a folding door with a track at the top and bottom. That needs to be cleaned out as well.

I'm hoping that this freshly cleaned door area will inspire me to get  going on the inside of the pantry. The important thing is to take this big project one small step at a time.

Move on to Day 2 here.

Are you working to become more disciplined? I would love to hear what projects you are working on and what works to motivate you. Please tell us all about it by leaving a comment.