Easy Slow Cooker Applesauce


This is just about the simplest recipe ever. The result is a sweet-smelling kitchen and delicious applesauce.

I used a 3 pound bag of Honeycrisp apples. You can use more or less depending on the size of your slow cooker and what you have on hand. Be sure to use apples suitable for sauce. Check this chart for suggestions.

Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. I used this nifty devise.


Put the apples in a slow cooker. This one is 4 quarts.


Add about 2 tablespoons of water. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon. I used about 2 tablespoons.

Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. Or, you can cook on low for 6-8 hours. I use the low setting when I want to cook the apples over night. Either way, the kitchen will smell like apple cider.

Once the apples are cooked soft, whisk vigorously for a chunky sauce or use an immersion blender for a smoother sauce.

My 3 pound bag of apples made approximately 32 ounces of sauce.



(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)