Oven-roasted Brussels Sprouts {with balsamic vinegar & honey}


Here's another example of a simple side dish of oven-roasted vegetables. The balsamic vinegar and honey is optional but so tasty.

I like to roast vegetables in a roasting pan lined with parchment paper. I wipe the paper with olive oil to prevent sticking.


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Remove the stem and raged outer leaves. Cut each Brussels sprout in half lengthwise. I used a pound of Brussels sprouts.

In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. For one pound of Brussels sprouts, I used 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and about 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.

Transfer Brussels sprouts to prepared roasting pan. Roast, stirring occasionally until tender, about 20 minutes.

Transfer the Brussels sprouts back to the large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of honey. Toss to coat evenly. Adjust seasoning if necessary and serve warm.

(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)