21 Days to a More Disciplined Life - Day 7

Day 7: Resist Negative Thought Patterns

What do you say when you talk to yourself? Do you say "I'm going to try to reach my goal", or do you say "I will reach my goal"? There's a huge difference!

Today Crystal talks about negative thought patterns that may creep in and threaten our success. For me, the negative thoughts usually have to do with being too tired. Such as, "I'm just too tired to get this all done!" I'm thinking that maybe my sleep goal should have been first on my list.

But isn't this just another example of a negative thought pattern? I chose a goal to work on first (cleaning the kitchen before bedtime). Once I feel that this goal has been established (I think that I"m just about there), I will set a goal concerning the amount of sleep I get each night.

In fact, I have decided to set that goal right now! Beginning next Sunday, I will get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. Between now and then I will need to make some schedule changes to be sure that all my responsibilities can be completed before my new bedtime.

What negative thought patterns creep into your thinking? What can you do to change those thoughts to something positive and encouraging?


Mega Project Step 7

Today I organized the snack items that typically get packed in lunches. We have some crackers, raisins, and granola bars that are favorites for both lunches and snacks.

To keep these items neat and organized, I am using some small wooden bins that clementines come in. The small bins are the perfect size for my pantry shelves. The are shallow enough so that the snacks don't get squashed and damaged, and they even stack. Best of all, I have several of them on hand so there is no cost involved in this pantry upgrade.

How is your mega project coming along? I would love to hear about it!

Continue with Day 8 here.

Are you just joining our 21-day adventure? Start with Day 1 here.

This series is based on the ebook 21 Days To A More Disciplined Life by Crystal Paine. If you don't have a copy of the ebook yet, it is now available at Amazon.


(Note: The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)