Frugal Storage Solution: Wooden Crates




I've purchased a lot of these wooden crates over the years. They can be found at your local craft store (I purchased mine at Michael's) for around $10 (less if you have a coupon). We use them to store things under the beds. You can read about that here.

My latest use for them is in my laundry room. I have shelves in the laundry room. And lots of stuff. I wanted a way to hide all that stuff on the shelves and keep the items organized. The wooded crates worked perfectly.



I had already spray painted some baskets that I use for organizing smaller items above the washer and dryer. I used a green called Eden by Rust-oleum. You can read about that project here.

I used a dark brown, Leather Brown by Glidden, for the wooden crates. It's hard to tell in the picture because of the flash, but I used a paint with an eggshell finish. It gives the crates an older worn appearance as opposed to a new shiny finish.

It's amazing what you can fit in these crates. I've got lots of shelf space in that room, so I guess I'm off to buy more crates!

Here are some other ways to use these great wooden crates:


From Remodelaholic

From Patent Pending Projects
From The Violet Hours


From Ohdeedoh
From Color Me Southern

This post is linked to It's So Very Cheri, Organizing Junkie, Friday Favorites, Catch as Catch Can the Chic and Crafty party, House of Hepworths, Thrifty Thursday, Transformation Thursday, Show Me What Ya Got, Frugal Tuesday Tip, Tutorials and Tips Tuesday and Weekend Warrior.

Visit thecsiproject.com